My friend Diane Stortz works hard to help kids get to know God—and get to know him well! Check out her materials. Her newsletter had linked to Elizabeth Urbanowicz being interviewed by Mike Winger, in an episode titled “7 Lies Your Kids Will Believe Unless You Do Something.” In this interview (I watched the whole thing!) we see practical ideas/exercises to help kids look for truth, especially in light of the lies they are being exposed to. Elizabeth’s tips are very simple, intuitive, things I should’ve known; and yet sometimes I found myself wondering, “Now, why didn’t I think of that?” What’s here can easily be applied in family discussions or in a classroom.
Here are the 7 lies and the time stamps of where they appear in the video:
- If I feel it, it must be true | 01:12
- Follow your heart. | 14:38
- Love is affirming everything I feel. | 26:45
- Faith is the opposite of knowledge. | 35:25
- Humans are the product of blind, unguided evolution. | 46:44
- You are the one you’ve been waiting for. | 57:59
- A good God wouldn’t judge. | 1:08:24
Though Elizabeth’s tips in the interview are significant, she also has curriculum and more at Foundation Worldview. Check out Mike’s website too.
And while we’re on the topic of kids, don’t forget that J. Warner Wallace (the Cold-Case Christianity guy) has material for kids—coming at things from his experience as a detective and, therefore, an evidence expert.